Toddler Trouble
I was thinking what a great dad my husband is. Today has been a tough day with K. She is just so emotional about everything lately. I am seriously loosing my patience with her. By bedtime she was gearing up for another tantrum. I had had about enough with her. I was ready to just lock her in her room until she cried herself to sleep. Bryce calmly took her in there and layed in bed with her. He just talked to her. They had a long conversation about nothing important. Then she just asked for a hug and kiss and went to sleep. I am blessed to have someone who really balances out our relationship. Thank goodness for his patience. If only he could be here all day everyday with me. I know I make a lot of bad choices about how I deal with her tantrums. Nothing violent I promise. But I just yell a lot and then ignore her. I can't reason with her and I get frustrated. If anyone has any advice then I am all ears. (or eyes) Any one want to share experiences then I am ready to take anything. I know the days of their neediness will pass and we will miss them wanting us around. I am really really trying to enjoy this time. Just breathe and keep loving them, I guess.
Sunday, March 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
It is so stinkin' hard...but I have always walked away from my kids when they are tantruming. They just want more attention...so I dont respond. I also dont answer whines. I just say I can't understand them and when they can talk normal again I would be glad to listen. It is hard though...especially in a public place. I just repeat in my mind "I am a good mom" "I am a good mom" "I am blessing ____ by teaching her/him how to behave" Kinda like in Nemo..."Find a happy place! Find a happy place!" Bwahahaha!! ((HUGS))
Love,
Heather
p.s. I am glad you haven't sold your car. I dont blame you. Have a good solid familt car really makes me happy too! Best wishes on the $ front. It never gets easier I think...either you have it or you dont...and it is still hard to manage.
Post a Comment