Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Do you ever think you are a big fat failure at some things? Of course we all do. I think I have this serious personality flaw. Worse than most. I never follow through with anything or finish a lot of things. The thing that is making me feel like a failure this week is getting rid of another dog. Stitch is no longer a member of our family. Honestly he was driving me crazy. Ok so first of all he chewed on everything. I know dogs do that, right? Well I can't even count the amount of sippy cups I have had to replace because the kids left them of the floor and this became a tasty chew toy. And toothbrushes. I am sure the minty flavor left over from the toothpaste was a yummy treat. And he liked to chew on the kids as well. Another thing that drove me crazy was the barking. Barking at any noise that resembled a doorbell or knock. Even a doorbell or knock on tv. Or the sound of another dog or the sound of a voice he didn't recognize. So then there was the biting thing. He has bitten two of Isabelle's friends, each of the girls countless times, three people at the park and who knows who else when I wasn't around. So we enrolled Mr. Stitch in puppy training school. It was a 6-week course that taught us how to teach them to sit, stay, come, down and leash walking. He did good on almost everything in the classroom but at home it was a different story. He was so bad. I tried, I really did. I kept him for three months. But I was so tense every time he was out of his kennel. I was worried that he would bite someone or ruin something. It was like having a very naughty kid. So we gave him away two days ago. I haven't been so relaxed in three months. So I am a failure as a dog owner. Bryce said that if anyone asks for another pet for the next couple of years then we are in BIG trouble. But he was understanding and said we will just chalk it up to a life lesson learned. NO MORE DOGS!!

1 comment:

Greg, Ang & 4 kidlets said...

I couldn't handle a dog either- that's why we have a cat. She is so easy to take care of and she just had one little kitty- thank goodness just one:) I am NOT going to become the cat lade either- with a million around our yard. Our neighbor has enough for both of us:)